Updated: 11 February 2019
Revisions to Policy:
Concerning the Handling of Personal Information:
Defenders Protection initiative acknowledges the importance of protecting your privacy and personal
We collect data about you when you:
- Submit an inquiry or registration form;
- Make a donation or sign an online petition;
- Participate in some of the online survey or campaigns we
organisefrom time to time;
- Subscribe to one of our online services, such as the newsletter or urgent appeals lists;
- Use this website;
- Communicate with us (via e-mail, phone, postal mail, etc.);
- Otherwise, provide your details to us either online or offline.
The elements of your information that we collect may include:
- First and last name;
- Phone numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Website usage data and other related technical information, indicating, for example, your browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, IP address, or the site you clicked from, for the purposes of measuring the analytic performance of the website(s);
- ther information you provide to us.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, please do not provide us with any such information or ask your parents for permission.
We use the following type of cookies on the Defenders Protection initiative websites:
|Category of cookies||Why we use these cookies|
|Strictly Necessary||These cookies are essential for websites on our services to perform their basic functions. These include those required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” on sites that have an ecommerce functionality.|
|Functionality||These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location.|
We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
Analytics and Performance
|Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our websites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our websites function and to understand how users interact with them.|
|Third Party / Embedded Content||Defenders Protection Initiaitive’s websites make use of different third party applications and services to enhance the experience of website visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons), or embedded content from Youtube. As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.|
To find out more about cookies or how to delete cookies in your browser, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org
Purpose of Use and Disclosure of Information:
We will collect personal information from you only in a fair, reasonable and lawful manner. We will use such personal information only for the following purposes (unless we have obtained your consent or applicable law requires or permits us to process your information otherwise):
- Providing you with personalized service;
- Operating this website and understanding its use for statistical purposes (number of site visits, average time visitors spend at the site, etc.) and security purposes;
- Managing and processing inquiries, registrations, donations and other interactions with you;
- Forwarding petitions, you have signed to advocacy targets;
- Providing you with information about services we offer such as newsletters, urgent appeals, reports, publications, etc. and informing you of other relevant DPI activities. We will not send you such information if you object to receiving it from us or if applicable local law does not permit us to send such information to you.
- To create cultural analysis reports, In addition, we may anonymize and use your information in an aggregated manner to conduct research and improve future services
You may view, correct, or request the deletion of any of your information we have collected from you and stored by us by sending your request by letter to “Administrative Assistant” at the address below. You may choose not to receive newsletters, invitations and other similar correspondence from us. You may do this whenever you provide us with personal information by checking the appropriate box on the online or other form. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any of our mailing lists by visiting our Mailing List Services Page and subscribing or unsubscribing to each such list, as applicable; a link to automatically unsubscribe will also be included in every e-mail mailing. You may also send a request by email to email@example.com or by letter to:
Defenders Protection initiative
21 Commercial Road, Naguru